Second Sight Films (UK)

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
ryannichols7

Re: Second Sight Films (UK)

#951 Post by ryannichols7 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:56 pm

I can't remember if I bought your Heimat or not Swo (someone on here pointed me in the direction of your listing) but after doing so, I'm all in for a second volume release. bring that on...Second Sight's picks usually aren't in my wheelhouse as much, but they generally put out one thing a year or so that's very much up my alley. that would certainly be one!

normally I'd just say "whatever Daniel Bird is involved with, I'll buy" but he's surely all in on their Possession release, and that's a director I've learned is absolutely not for me..

therewillbeblus

#952 Post by therewillbeblus » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:46 pm

You may be surprised. Żuławski is hit/miss, but that’s one of his more interestingly idiosyncratic efforts worth checking out vacuumed from the rest

GaryC

#953 Post by GaryC » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:24 am

What A Disgrace wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:15 pm
I'm sure the logistics of a Heimat 2 release is formidable. That's at least a 10 disc set, probably more.
Seven on DVD - two episodes per disc with one on the final disc. The episodes are all feature-length but two on a Blu-ray shouldn't be a problem.

AxeYou

#954 Post by AxeYou » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:25 pm

Arthaus in Germany released Heimat 2 on 7 BD-50s: https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Die-zwei ... ay/325526/

But given how long it took for their Heimat LE to sell out (I was able to snag a copy in Nov 2022, more than 4 years after its release), I’d be pleasantly surprised if Second Sight finds Heimat 2 profitable.

nicolas

#955 Post by nicolas » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:41 pm

AxeYou wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:25 pm
Arthaus in Germany released Heimat 2 on 7 BD-50s: https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Die-zwei ... ay/325526/

But given how long it took for their Heimat LE to sell out (I was able to snag a copy in Nov 2022, more than 4 years after its release), I’d be pleasantly surprised if Second Sight finds Heimat 2 profitable.
There are English subs available online in case anyone needs them for syncing: https://www.opensubtitles.com/subtitles ... ite-heimat

I would sync these with the SC BDs and upload them but sadly don’t have enough time right now. Suffice to say, the SC set is quite nice and the restorations are pristine. Not Second Sight-level in terms of encoding but still solid. A real shame that Heimat 1 didn’t do better for them. I imagine that if they do 2, it’d be a budget / barebones release to keep costs down for them.

TMDaines

#956 Post by TMDaines » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:31 am

Paid a premium for Heimat on eBay recently. Ouch...